NEW- Specialty Erection Services:
Delta Construction Consultants grew out of Church Builders Construction Management firm which started in 1986 building churches. The firm grew and incorporated self-preforming erection on Laminated Beams, Laminated Decking, Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT), Steeples, Cupolas and as a Pre-engineered Metal Building Dealer and erector. We have since become a part of the Modular Construction trend for buildings incorporating that into our estimating and now into the specialty erection services.
Cost Estimating and Management:
Cost estimating is one of the most important components in project management as it establishes the base line of the project cost at the stages of development. Delta CCG provides estimates during the design, bid, and control stages.
Design Estimates that run in parallel with planning and design include; pre-design order of magnitude estimates for planning; conceptual estimates early in design; design development phase, 60% Construction Documents; and detailed estimates.
Bid Estimates are prepared on completion of the Construction Documents as cost validation for the owner to compare to negotiated project delivery contracts.
Control Estimates during construction. These estimates are used in conjunction with Project Controls and Earned Value Management. They can be used to determine cost at completion incorporating changes that may have occurred during construction.
Planning and Scheduling:
Project Planning involves a complete understanding of the means and methods used during construction, evaluating the site, space, material and labor availability, project critical activities; weather, hoisting, and the multitude of items not always considered in schedules. This information is used to develop a schedule that can be used as a project management tool.
- Delta CCG develops schedules during the design phase for initial pre- construction activities and for anticipated project duration. During construction, we develop schedules for monitoring construction activities, analyze changed conditions and delays, and evaluate their impact on project completion. Post construction, we use schedules to facilitate project closeout and analyze claims.
- Delta CCG provides the following Schedule types: critical path (CPM) scheduling; delay analysis and quantification; preliminary schedules; program management schedules; cost loaded schedules; resource loaded schedules; what if scenarios; updates; project acceleration; time impact analysis; and float management.
Pre Development/Construction Management:
- Delta CCG provides our clients with the specialized resources to evaluate and mitigate project risk during the conceptual through construction document (CD) phases. Delta CCG provides insight on the many potential challenges that the client will face through our review of all construction documents.
- Develop a Pre-Construction Plan that addresses; scope, time, cost, quality, resources, communications and integration management.
- Delta CCG can provide the most impact when commissioned early in the development process. Based on your program requirements we can determine the area and cost prior to design. Assisting clients develop the numbers in the Proforma Delta CCG will serve as an extension of the client to work with their design entities as a team to keep design within the budget. We will provide cost estimates during conceptual, schematic, conceptual, design development, 60% CD and final Construction Documents used for Cost Validation when receiving bids.
Program & Project Management
Delta CCG monitors project budget, schedule, and quality through our Program and Project Management Services once Construction begins. This can include many of our other services including change management and Project Controls with EVM. Delta CCG’s Program and Project Management services can be partial or full service depending on the client’s needs.
Project controls is managing the quality, budget, and schedule during construction. Delta CCG does this by developing a sound WBS or work breakdown system that is integrated through our estimating, scheduling, project management, and sometimes accounting software. The program management tool we use is called Earned Value Management. Earned Value Management (EVM) is the systematic integration and measurement of technical (scope), schedule, and cost accomplishments in a project. Utilizing EVM Delta CCG monitors project cost and schedule performance to forecast if a project is behind/ahead of schedule and over/under budget based on planned vs. actual data.
Green Building – LEED Support:
Delta CCG has staff that are active members of USGBC and maintain the LEED Accredited Professional BD&C credentials. We can provide guidance and Green Construction cost to those stakeholders that would like to explore building a LEED Certified, Gold, Silver, or Platinum project. We can also serve on your team to see that the project meets the requirements during the construction phase.
Construction Loan Consultant on Draw Request Review:
Delta CCC provides a through evaluation and site review (audit) for financial institutions to validate the monthly Construction Draw Request to report that the work completed on-site is consistent with the amount requested in the Draw Request. The Draw Request is always signed off by the Architect which is not qualified in a court of law to make decisions with regard to costs. The Audit process includes updates to plans, building permits and inspection reports, third parting testing as required reporting on any that do not meet specifications, stored material evaluation, review of retainage, lien releases and an on-site inspection monthly prior to releasing payment.
Delta Construction Consultants Group LLC provides complete Owner Representative Services. We have represented Owners on projects of all sizes. Our work begins at concept and continues to final closeout. We work with owners to translate program into square footage for pricing prior to schematic design, we then can work with the design entity to maintain the planned budget. Once the project is ready for bid we evaluate all documents and contractors making recommendations. During construction our project controls methods protect the owner on many levels and provide a proactive approach to project management from the Owners prospective. We have represented Owners including major Banks during change controls and minor dispute resolution situations. This represents a small sample of the full scope of our Owners Representative Services.
Other Consulting Services
- Constructability review:
- Review documents for inconsistencies and completeness.
- Validate schedules and budgets.
- Identify in the construction documents ambiguities that contribute to disputes and change orders. Our talented staff can augment your existing staff or team to work on your behalf when no staff is available.
- Staff augmentation:
- Delta CCG provides a cost effective augmented staff solution within your organization tailored to your specific needs for cost estimating, scheduling, project controls, construction quality control and project management. Augmented staff will have the full support and data resources available from Delta CCG. We collaborate with you to tackle the day-to-day responsibilities, allowing you to focus on the bigger picture.
- Cost validation:
- Due diligence review of cost submissions. Delta CCG will provide the client with an estimate for the work that can be used to validate the contractor’s cost submission.
- Change order management:
- Delta CCG reviews the technical, financial, and legal elements of Change Order (CO) cost submissions before payment making recommendations to the client and providing support when disputed.
- Estimate Client implemented change orders for client review and budget approval prior to submitting the request to the contractor of for validation of the contractor’s cost.
- Litigation support, dispute resolution & avoidance:
- Forensic estimating, scheduling, and project analysis services.
- Expert witness services within areas of our specialty.
- Closeout auditing:
- Review (audit) closeout claims on a detailed item-by-item basis to screen for errors, excesses in material, labor, and equipment hours.
- Verify that all scope has been met within the construction documents, agreements, and job records.