Delta CCG was established as BESCO Construction Management Inc. in 1986 to service the needs of Owners whose projects had significantly exceeded the planned budget. Our innovative approach was to manage the project from concept through final construction by balancing the program, image, and budget requirements.
The demand for our straight forward methods expanded rapidly. Our original concept has broadened over time to include all phases of development from project feasibility studies to final close out audits
Delta Construction Consultants Group’s team of senior consultants in the development and construction profession is experienced in project sectors including: hotel, hospitality, entertainment, casino gaming, education, healthcare, churches, commercial office/ retail, condominiums, and multi-family housing. Projects sizes range from small commercial to large multi-billion dollar multi-use casino developments worldwide and New York City Skyscrapers. Delta CCG provides stakeholders with all levels of services from target specific to full spectrum. We can serve your unique need on small projects, large projects, tenant improvements, or to augment specialized staff within your organization for cost estimating, scheduling, project controls, construction quality control and project management.
Delta CCG views projects to be in either the Pre-Construction Contract or Post-Construction Contract Phase. The Pre-construction contract focus is on interpreting the owner’s goals into contract documents, quality, budget, and schedule. Post-construction contract focus in on Project Controls by developing metrics to assess the quality, budget, and schedule through to completion allowing the owner to anticipate changes and make informed decisions proactively.
The nature of the development and construction industry is to rush the Pre-Construction phase not taking advantage of significant cost, time, and quality benefits. Delta CCG encourages the development of a pre-construction management plan. Effective pre-construction planning facilitates team member communication and creates an integrated team approach to defining and achieving the stakeholder’s goals.
Pre-Construction Contract – Development/ Design Phase: typically include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptual development cost studies including soft cost estimates for financial modeling. (refer to Balance Diagram)
- Master programming, budget development, and projected schedules
- Inter-disciplinary design oversight from a budget control and constructability prospective which include estimates for stages of completion phases on the Construction Documents.
- Team communication and integration of end user design requirements.
- Scheduling that is resource loaded to develop cash flow projections and to set up for Construction phase tracking.
- Value Engineering review.
- Construction RFPs, bid forms, bid comparisons, and recommendations.
Project Controls is Delta CCG’s focus during the Post-Construction Contract phase. Project controls is managing the quality, budget, and schedule during construction. Delta CCG does this by developing a sound WBS or work breakdown system that is integrated through our estimating, scheduling, project management, and sometimes accounting software. The program management tool we use is called Earned Value Management. A contractor’s forward progress can be measured and evaluated with earned value management (EVM) in place. Utilizing EVM Delta CCG can monitor project cost and schedule performance to forecast if a project is behind/ahead of schedule and over/under budget. We provide metrics for the actual cost of work performed vs planned and the same for schedule. Project cost at completion along with projecting the date of completion utilizing the actual vs planned metrics are stakeholder favorite features of EVM. EVM allows the stakeholder to make proactive informed decisions at the earliest possible date. Refer to the resource tab for an article on EVMS published in Estimating Today magazine authored by Bruce Schlesier CPE, LEED AP BD&C our managing principal.
Post-Construction Contract – Construction Phase: typically include, but are not limited to:
- Project controls management.
- Change and cost control management.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Progress monitoring and schedule updates utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) tools.
- Litigation/Arbitration support.
- Project Close-out and auditing.
Utilizing Delta CCG’s services early in the development process saves both time and money. We provide you the stakeholder with the tools to make informed decisions in a timely manner. Delta CCG serves as your advocate in negotiating the many challenges stakeholders face on development and construction projects of all sizes.
Refer to our Services Tabs for more about:
- Cost Estimating and Management
- Planning and Scheduling
- Pre Development/Construction Management
- Program and Project Management
- Project Controls – Earned Value Management
- Consulting – Litigation Support
- Consulting – Construction Loan Draw Request Review
- Green Building – LEED Support
- Other Consulting Services.